President’s Bicentennial Colloquium:
Campus of the Future
As part of the university’s bicentennial celebration, the organizers of the Campus of the Future colloquium invited students from all majors to submit projects to a competition for reimagining methods and spaces for teaching and learning at Michigan in the 21st century.
Nearly 50 entries were submitted, and of those more than 30 were featured at a project showcase. Then, at the finale event on October 26, a panel of nationally recognized thought leaders in technology, design and higher education interacted with the students and engaged them about their projects.
At the end of the event, the panel awarded $30,000 in prize money for the best ideas:
- First Place ($15,000): University of Michigan Mobile Learning Labs
- Second Place ($10,000): The Virtual Reality Online Campus
- Third Place ($5,000): U-M Satellite Campus on Mars
- Enjoy the video from the finale and learn more about the winning entries.
- Read the University Record story.